Assistant project coordinator who will undertake duties and responsibilities related to the effective implementation of project activities related to the Cash and Voucher assistance and Shelter programs, overseeing the program budget, monitoring and reporting according to Pekawa and donor procedures and guidelines in Pekawa Office in Sinjar - Mosul.
- Project Management and Implementation – PC is responsible for the effective implementation of project activities related to the Cash and Voucher assistance and Shelter programs, overseeing the program budget, monitoring and reporting according to PEKAWA and donor procedures and guidelines.
- Team management - PC is responsible for the management of the project team, build the staff capacities, monitor the staff performance and tasks delegation
- Technical knowledge - develop programmatic approaches, models of interventions and tools in the field of shelter and cash as requested by the supervisor – with the support of the Head of Programmes
- Program Design and Development - Contribute to the development of the project proposals according to the current need of the Program Team
- Advocacy and representation – PC will have to actively participate in the national and local forums and coordinate with different stakeholders to implement the project as well as support and strengthen advocacy position of PEKAWA
- Communication and visibility – create the communication and visibility strategy for the project, align with the HQ communication plan and the donor’s requirements
Project management and implementation
- Coordinate and supervise service providers’ performance in the field and coordinate cash delivery procedures.
- Supervise the data collection process and the use of mobile data collection tools (Kobo).
- Coordinate beneficiaries’ targeting and register vulnerable affected populations.
- Coordinate process of SIM card registration for beneficiaries and coordinate SIM registration events with service providers, local authorities, community and other stakeholders.
- Prepare reports from field activities including MPCA and Shelter rehabilitation.
- Coordinate household assessment activities in the field and coordinate assessment process among cash partners and with other agencies.
- Prepare the distribution site and manage the process of distribution in the field.
- Submission of monthly mission reports and preparing final report of the project.
- Conducting regular Project Reviews and Lessons Learnt based on PEKAWA PCM guidelines.
- Supervising and supporting local implementing partners in executing project components and activities.
- Plan and implement project activities and objectives, in line with PEKAWA SOPs.
Project management and implementation
- Provide trainings to the program team to perform the project activities and use the tools.
- Supervise and manage the project staff.
- Recruiting and full onboarding of new employees to the project as required.
- Organization of Lessons Learnt for own subordinates.
Advocacy and representation
- Coordinate PEKAWA program activities with other partners though reporting on 4Ws & activity info and participate in Shelter cluster meetings and cash working group.
- Preparing the annual plans and participate in fund rising through writing concept notes and take part of proposal submission.
Cooperating with other teams
- Coordinate with MEAL Coordinator to plan needs assessment in selected location
- Assist MEAL Coordinator and IMO in design and development of project tools
- Supporting other departments in the work process.
Specific technical knowledge:
University degree in Architecture, Civil / Environmental Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- High level of initiative and proactive approach to building relationships both within the organization and partners.
- Knowledge of the context in Iraq specifically in regards to Shelter needs of conflict affected persons and CVA.
- Flexible and focused on identifying possibilities and solutions
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, with a focus on planning, design, coordination and implementation of shelter and or CVA projects. Experience in working in Iraq and in Sinjar district is an advantage
- Experience in Team Management for at least 1 year.
- Experience in budget management
- Experience in field level coordination with community stakeholders, local and international NGOs, and local government officials.
- Experience in conducting, organizing and managing needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish is an asset.
IT and specific systems:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point).
- ODK – Kobo, Experience on Power BI is an asset.
Assistant Project Coordinator
Length of contract:
Location of job:
Sinjar, Ninawa, Iraq
Background: PEKAWA organization for humanitarian and environmental development organization is a non-governmental, non- political, and an independent community-based Organization, registered in Iraq. The organisation is committed to promoting community participation and sustainable development to improve the socio-economic, health and environmental status of the most disadvantaged in society especially women, children and youth.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV by email to: email@example.com
Please state the job title in the subject line: Assistant Project Coordinator
The closing date for completed application forms is: 23/01/2022.